Just took possession of the Camaro. Some quick impressions from the couple minutes I drove it before needing to get back to work…
- Beautiful car up close. Nice lines. Victory Red = good.
- Interior is well done. Nice leather seats and stitching in the SS. Fit and finish is pretty good (the plastic/rubber parts — dashboard, gearshift housing, etc. — are not quite as nice as my 2003 Acura TL-S’s, but nice nonetheless). Beautiful red lighting on the instrument panel.
- It’s definitely built for people larger than your average Asian dude. I needed to lower the steering wheel and when I did, it partially blocked my view of the speedometer and tachometer (which wouldn’t happen to a taller person). Not a huge deal, though. Of course, the back seats are made for tiny, tiny people.
- As automotive ads like to say, it has “ample power”. I couldn’t really let loose on the stretch of Mathilda around my office (45 mph speed limit), but I did get it up to 56 really easily, and it gets off the line quite well. Definitely puts you back in your seat…and I didn’t even really rev it that much. Good purr/growl.
- I love that in addition to the analog speedometer, there’s a digital speed readout right in the center of the instrument panel. Just so you know, I suppose.
- Good brakes and turn radius. Didn’t get a chance to corner at high speeds yet.
More to come…